One of the BlackBerry music player drawback is can’t play music by folder. For example if you save Pop music in “Pop” folder and Rock music in “Let’s Rock” folder and you want only want to play all music in “Let’s Rock” music then it can not be done by default music player (at least when you do not know how to do it). When you go to the Music Player Applicaton, you will find only this:
- All Songs: Shows all song
- Artist: Show music based on artist
- Albums: based on albums
- Genres: Based on Genre / Type of music
- And there is no option to play by folder.
In addition, as we all know that the third-party music player apps for BlackBerry is not much compare to other operating system (Android, Symbian, Windows Phone, iOs, etc.). Therefore in this article I will provide information on how to play music by folder on the BlackBerry device.
BB used in this tutorial is OS 7 but it can also be used for older OS, although maybe there is a little different in details. To play MP3 music (or other sound file types) by folder on BlackBerry can be done in the following way:
- Open File Manager App (Files). The icon is like a folder shelves
- Locate where you saves the sound files. The music files usually stored on Media Card / BlackBerry/Music
- After you open the folder, press the MENU button (button with BB Logo) > choose Play Folder (look at picture 1 Below). When you do that, all the music that store on that folder will be played, while other musics that store on other folder won’t be played.
To make it faster for you to go into music folder, you can create a favorite folder. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the folder that you want to add as favorite
- Press the BB Button
- Select “Add Favorite Folder”. Once completed, the selected folder will appear at the beginning of each time the file manager application opened (See Figure 2 Below).
That’s all the tips how to play music by folder on BlackBerry. Quite old tips, but might be useful for someone.